2000-Oct-02 Painless Functional Specifications - Part 1: Why Bother?
From The Joel on Software Translation Project
Original article: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000036.html
"Painless Functional Specifications - A series of articles on writing functional specifications. "Software engineers who dive into code without writing a spec tend to think they're cool gunslingers, shooting from the hip. They're not. They are terribly unproductive. They write bad code and produce shoddy software, and they threaten their projects by taking giant risks which are completely uncalled for."
- Japanese: やさしい機能仕様 パート1: なぜわざわざ書く必要があるのか?
- Chinese (Traditional): The Joel on Software Translation Project:無痛功能規格(一)
- Russian: Часть 1 - А зачем?
- Russian: Painless specs 1 ru
- Español: Parte 1: ¿Por qué molestarse?
- French: Les spécifications fonctionnelles sans peine - 1ière Partie: Pourquoi se prendre la tête?